Saturday, October 30, 2010

julie and julia movie

My aunt and I were watching it last night. The movie follows the parallel stories of Julia Child and Julie Powell, an aspiring writer. Powell is a passionate foodie who, searching for some sort of “meaningful accomplishment” in her life on the verge of turning 30 and decides to cook through Child’s cookbook in a year and blog about the experience. I think the story does a humorously good job of capturing the narcissim and self-absorption involved with writing a personal blog on a regular basis.
You will have many funny scenes along the story. You don't have to be intrested in cooking, but this might make a shift and you will start cooking more. I followed Julie Powell's behavior, I loved the attitude when she starts the blog. Really inspiring!